In addition, iOS 5.1 features Japanese language support for Siri, though Apple has warned that availability may be limited during the initial roll-out. The update can be downloaded through the "Software Update" option found in the Settings application on an iOS device with iOS 5 or later.
The update has a number of changes to the camera application, with face detection now highlighting all detected faces in a frame. The camera app for iPad has also been given a redesign.
The full list of features in iOS 5.1, according to Apple, are:
- Japanese language support for Siri (availability may be limited during initial rollout)
- Photos can now be deleted from Photo Stream
- Camera shortcut now always visible on Lock Screen for iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS and iPod touch (4th generation)
- Camera face detection now highlights all detected faces
- Redesigned Camera app for iPad
- Genius Mixes and Genius playlists for iTunes Match subscribers
- Audio for TV shows and movies on iPad optimized to sound louder and clearer
- Podcast controls for playback speed and a 30 second rewind for iPad
- Updated AT&T network indicator
- Addresses bugs affecting battery life
- Fixes an issue that occasionally caused audio to drop for outgoing calls