2019 iPhone rumors, a possible new iPad mini & a call for privacy laws on the AppleInsider Podcast
This week on the AppleInsider Podcast, Willian and Victor are back, catching up on overall themes of CES, iPhone rumors, the possibilities of a new iPad Pro, and the carry-over effects of smartphone brands cutting earning expectations.
- The roundup from CES. How do you explain it to someone who's never been? What were some of the trends? Victor thinks it's about the spread of technologies to solve more user problems, in unexpected categories.
- Tim Cook elaborates on end user privacy rights
- Marco Rubio sponsors a bill for American privacy
- TSMC cuts earnings guidance in the wake of Apple and other smartphone makers cutting earnings guidance - this is like dominoes falling.
- Apple cuts hiring plans
- amid device rumors! iPad Mini, and iPhone rumors. Victor thinks we won't see an iPad mini or iPhone with USB-C any time soon. Honestly, it makes very little sense to have duplicates of every dongle, lightning and USB-C.
- Ron Johnson thinks Apple stock is a strong buy, and a good stock for the next decade. Johnson is the former head of Apple Retail, who launched the Apple Stores way back in the early 2000s.
We like reader email — send us your comments and concerns!.
The show is available on iTunes and your favorite podcast apps by searching for "AppleInsider." Click here to listen, subscribe, and don't forget to rate our show.
Listen to the embedded SoundCloud feed below:
Show note links:
- CES round-up: the weird, the wonderful, the app-enabled things we saw at the show
- Tim Cook renews call to Congress for federal data privacy law reforms, suggests creation of 'data-broker clearinghouse'
- American Data Dissemination Act seeks to legislate how the tech industry uses your data
- TSMC slashes revenue guidance due to iPhone, global smartphone market slowdown
- Apple to reportedly reduce new hires amidst slumping iPhone sales
- Fifth-generation iPad mini coming in the first half of 2019, says Taiwan suppliers
- Rumor claims 2019 iPhone will get 10MP TrueDepth camera, stick to Lightning
- Apple's stock is the one for 'the next decade,' former retail head Ron Johnson declares
Those interested in sponsoring the show can reach out to us at [email protected].