Wednesday, July 28, 2004, 01:00 pm PT (04:00 pm ET)
Apple seeds WebObjects 5.2 Developer evaluationApple Computer, Inc. this afternoon seeded its Apple Developer Connection (ADC) members with an evaluation copy of WebObjects 5.2 Developer edition, sources said.
The release weighs in at approximately 182 MB and requires Mac OS X 10.2.2 or later and the July 2002 Mac OS X Developer Tools with updates.
In the notes accompanying the software, Apple reportedly told testers that the new release will not accept license keys from the existing WebObjects 5.1 distribution. A temporary license is provided to developers who wish to investigate the software, sources said.
Details and feature enhancements surrounding "WebObjects 5.2 Developer" are unknown at this time, but the software is suggested to be a repost of a previously available Developer packages.
Late last night, Apple provided ADC members with the third external build of Mac OS X 10.3.5, which carries build number 7M28.
On Topic: General
- Apple CEO Tim Cook says privacy talks with Chinese government were 'very open'
- Former Apple exec Ron Johnson wants to make online shopping personal with new startup 'Enjoy'
- Apple says its 'ambitious' sapphire manufacturing process is 'not ready for production'
- GT Advanced to exit sapphire production business, Apple to recover $439M prepayment over 4 years
- Christian Bale confirmed to play Steve Jobs in upcoming biopic, to start shooting soon