Apple to strengthen iDisk, Mail functions in Mac OS X 10.3.9According to reports, Apple on Wednesday seeded its developers with Mac OS X 10.3.9 build 7W77.
This latest seed is just the second wide-spread build of the Panther system update distributed to developers. In late February, the company offered developers Mac OS X 10.3.9 build 7W72.
With the latest seed, Apple reportedly asked developers to focus their testing efforts on areas of recent change to the system, including: iDisk Synching, Mail, DVD Player, Date and Time, Fonts, AFPServer, and both USB and FireWire devices.
The company also asked that developers continue to test previously specified areas of the system, such as Bluetooth, DVD Player, Modems (both internal and external), Networking, Printing, Safari, Terminal and USB devices.
Build 7W77 also includes fixes to audio, FireWire video, and wake from sleep functions, tipsters added.
Mac OS X 10.3.9 is expected to be one of the final updates to Mac OS X 10.3.9, as Apple approaches a release of Mac OS X 10.4 \"Tiger\" in May or June.
Mac OS X 10.3.9, which is focused on improving the overall stability and reliable of Mac OS X 10.3 \"Panther,\" is expected to debut inbetween late March and early April.
On Topic: General
- Energy consumption concerns loom over Apple's proposed Irish data center
- Google preps self-driving car facility near Detroit as Chrysler partnership ramps up
- China's Xiaomi shows off new $460 4K camera drone
- Apple supplier Foxconn replaces 60,000 workers with robots
- Microsoft set to axe nearly 2,000 jobs in bid to 'streamline' smartphone biz