Apple ups eMac specsAlong with new iMac G5 systems, Apple today quietly updated it\'s eMac educational desktop systems with faster PowerPC G4 processors.
A $799 model includes a 1.42GHz PowerPC G4, 256MB DDR333 SDRAM, an 80GB Ultra ATA drive Combo drive, ATI Radeon 9600 graphics card with 64MB video memory and a 56k internal modem.
A $999 model doubles the SDRAM and hard disk space and includes a double-layer 8x SuperDrive drive.
Both models ship with Apple\'s new Mac OS X 10.4 \"Tiger\" and include built-in 17-inch flat CRT displays.
BTO SDRAM Price Reduction
To coincide with both the new iMacs and eMacs, Apple today also dropped the price of its built-to-order RAM upgrades. An upgrade to 512MB of RAM now costs $50, while a boost to 1GB will set you back $225. This represents a reduction of $25 and $100, respectively.
On Topic: General
- Apple hands out rainbow Apple Watch bands to commemorate LGBT Pride
- How the AppleInsider podcast is recorded and edited
- Review: DJI's Phantom 4 sets new standard for affordable drones
- This week on AI: 'iPhone 7' holds back, 2017 Apple Watch plans, Thunderbolt Display gone & more
- Apple's FaceTime subject of renewed VoIP patent infringement lawsuit