Apple releases Bonjour for WindowsApple today released Bonjour for the Windows operating system. Formally \"Rendezvous,\" and also known as zero-configuration networking, Bonjour enables automatic discovery of computers, devices, and services on IP networks. The technology uses industry standard IP protocols to allow devices to automatically discover each other without the need to enter IP addresses or configure DNS servers. The 14MB release requires Windows 2000/2003 or Windows XP. Make sure you have the latest Service Pack installed for your computer using Windows Update. While this release may turn some heads and spark insightful discussion, it should be noted that Bonjour technology has been present in iTunes for Windows for some time. The development of the Windows-compatible version reportedly dates back sometime, to when the technology was still called Rendezvous.
On Topic: General
- Apple invents active shutter system to protect iPhones from liquid, contaminants
- AppleInsider podcast talks Apple Pencil, official Apple Watch dock and safe payments practices
- Apple airs 2015 Christmas TV ad starring Stevie Wonder & Andra Daye
- Apple confirms acquisition of motion capture firm Faceshift
- DisneyLife online streaming service launches in UK with iOS & Apple TV support