Apple releases Bonjour for WindowsApple today released Bonjour for the Windows operating system. Formally \"Rendezvous,\" and also known as zero-configuration networking, Bonjour enables automatic discovery of computers, devices, and services on IP networks. The technology uses industry standard IP protocols to allow devices to automatically discover each other without the need to enter IP addresses or configure DNS servers. The 14MB release requires Windows 2000/2003 or Windows XP. Make sure you have the latest Service Pack installed for your computer using Windows Update. While this release may turn some heads and spark insightful discussion, it should be noted that Bonjour technology has been present in iTunes for Windows for some time. The development of the Windows-compatible version reportedly dates back sometime, to when the technology was still called Rendezvous.
On Topic: General
- Note 7 owners launch first of several class action lawsuits in South Korea
- Review: Neato Botvac Connected uses iPhone, Apple Watch and lasers for an effective clean
- Apple to co-sponsor 2017 Met Gala without co-chair position
- AT&T to buy Time Warner for $80B, deal announcement imminent - report [u: confirmed]
- This week on AI: Oct. 27 Mac event, new future for 'Apple Car' & more