Friday, July 15, 2005, 09:00 am PT (12:00 pm ET)
Overstock.com helps moves iPod photo inventoryTrue to previous mumblings, Overstock.com yesterday sold through a supply of Apple's previous generation 60GB iPod photo players. Interestingly, the online discounter listed the players for $399 — the same cost of a new 60GB iPod, which was re-branded dropped 'photo' moniker. Today Overstock.com appears to have sold out of the iPods. It was previously rumored that Apple had contacted Overstock to help move excess iPod inventory. During Apple's previous fiscal quarter, inventory grew 18% sequentially to $193 million.
On Topic: General
- 'Historical implications' made Apple Watch more difficult to design than original iPhone, Jony Ive says
- Former head of Android Andy Rubin leaves Google to start tech hardware incubator
- Seth Rogen to play Steve Wozniak alongside Christian Bale's Steve Jobs
- President Bill Clinton, Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella & others praise Apple CEO Tim Cook for publicly announcing he is gay
- 'I'm proud to be gay,' Apple CEO Tim Cook says in open letter supporting equality