Friday, July 15, 2005, 09:00 am PT (12:00 pm ET)
Overstock.com helps moves iPod photo inventoryTrue to previous mumblings, Overstock.com yesterday sold through a supply of Apple's previous generation 60GB iPod photo players. Interestingly, the online discounter listed the players for $399 — the same cost of a new 60GB iPod, which was re-branded dropped 'photo' moniker. Today Overstock.com appears to have sold out of the iPods. It was previously rumored that Apple had contacted Overstock to help move excess iPod inventory. During Apple's previous fiscal quarter, inventory grew 18% sequentially to $193 million.
On Topic: General
- Apple's Maps Connect portal lets local businesses create, add details to listings
- Apple leadership awarded restricted stock unit bonus currently worth $19M
- Apple spent $1M on lobbying US government in Q3, focused on health, data privacy, more
- GT Advanced reaches bankruptcy deal with Apple, will sell off more than 2,000 sapphire furnaces to pay debt
- Hackers targeting Apple iCloud users in mainland China with 'massive' attack