Friday, July 15, 2005, 09:00 am PT (12:00 pm ET)
Overstock.com helps moves iPod photo inventoryTrue to previous mumblings, Overstock.com yesterday sold through a supply of Apple's previous generation 60GB iPod photo players. Interestingly, the online discounter listed the players for $399 — the same cost of a new 60GB iPod, which was re-branded dropped 'photo' moniker. Today Overstock.com appears to have sold out of the iPods. It was previously rumored that Apple had contacted Overstock to help move excess iPod inventory. During Apple's previous fiscal quarter, inventory grew 18% sequentially to $193 million.
On Topic: General
- Apple acquires e-magazine publishing firm Prss to bolster Newsstand [update: confirmed]
- Former Apple retail chief Ron Johnson to launch gadget delivery service, report says
- Apple customer service hit by massive traffic spike one day after iPhone 6 launch
- Apple CEO Tim Cook shares 'optimistic' views on reversing climate change & selling green products to consumers
- Apple CEO Tim Cook to appear at WSJDLive conference in October