Steve Jobs to keynote Apple ExpoApple Computer chief executive and cofounder Steve Jobs is scheduled to present the opening keynote address at this year\'s Apple Expo, AppleInsider has learned.
The event will take place in Paris, France from Sept. 20 to 24 and represents the largest exhibition of its kind in Europe. Last year\'s expo drew some 70,000 Mac fans, who traveled from all parts of the world to witnessed the launch of Apple\'s all-in-one iMac G5 desktop.
But for Jobs, this year\'s event will mark the first time in over two years that he will present publicly in Europe. Jobs was forced to miss last year\'s Apple Expo after being diagnosed and treated for an acute form of pancreatic cancer known as an islet cell neuroendocrine tumor.
According to sources close to Apple, Jobs\' staff have already arranged for his trip overseas. Judging by the preparations being made for the Paris expo, sources further stated that Jobs is expected to make at least one major announcement during his presentation.
In a research note released to clients this week, analysts for PiperJaffray, a firm which closely monitors Apple every move, said the Paris show would likely deliver an iPod mini with color screen or larger capacity iPod shuffle music player.
At Apple Expo 2003, Jobs introduced updates to Apple\'s PowerBook line and also unveiled the company\'s first Bluetooth wireless keyboard and mouse. Meanwhile, last year\'s show gave way to the iMac G5, which was introduced by Apple marketing chief Phil Schiller in light of Jobs\' absence.
Earlier this week, Jobs flew to Japan where he unveiled a Japanese version of the company\'s iTunes Music Store to an enthusiastic crowd at Tokyo\'s International Forum.
On Topic: General
- This week on AppleInsider: Apple Music, Beats 1, new iPods, car plans & more
- AppleInsider podcast discusses Apple Music & the iPhone's 8th birthday, plus listener questions
- New video showcases Apple's participation in 2015 San Francisco Pride Parade
- Apple investigating ways to embed health sensors, fingerprint readers, chargers into iPhone logos
- Apple officially recognizes Jony Ive's promotion, adds VP of design bios to leadership webpage