Apple posts security, iPod updatesApple on Thursday released Security Update 2005-008, which delivers a number of security enhancements and is recommended for all Macintosh users. The update includes changes to ImageIO, LibSystem, Mail, QuickDraw, Ruby, SecurityAgent and securityd. The company also issued iPod software update 2005-09-23, which delivers iPod Software 1.1.2 for iPod shuffle, iPod Software 1.0 for iPod nano, iPod Software 1.2 for iPod with color display, iPod Software 1.4 for iPod mini, and iPod Software 3.1 for iPod with Click Wheel. The update also patches bugs discovered with iPod shuffle and the latest version of iTunes.
On Topic: General
- Future watch: new Ethernet standard to bring 2.5 and 5 Gbit/sec speeds to existing cabling
- This week on AI: 'Touch bar' MacBook Pro in late Oct., all-glass casing on 2017 iPhones & more
- Apple ordered to pay $302.4M in damages to VirnetX in patent retrial
- Latest 4K drone footage of Apple's 'spaceship' Campus 2 shows landscaping, functional HVAC
- 10nm chip foundry process coming to Apple partner TSMC ahead of Intel