Apple releases Mac OS X 10.4.6 UpdateApple on Monday released Mac OS X 10.4.6, an update to its Mac OS X 10.4 "Tiger" operating system that is recommended for all users.
The release (Intel (163MB), PowerPC (65MB), Server (92MB)) includes general operating system fixes, as well as improvements while using Bluetooth wireless devices, searching iWork '06 and Microsoft Office documents with Spotlight, and creating Automator workflows for iPhoto 6.
It also offers fixes for saving Word documents automatically when using a network home directory, synchronizing contacts and calendars to .Mac and mobile phones, and mounting and unmounting iDisk volumes.
Other enhancements in Mac OS X 10.4.6 target file access and byte range locking with AFP file sharing, login and authentication, connecting to Cisco VPN servers using IP/Sec, and network access when using proxy server automatic configuration files
The 45MB update is available from Apple's Web site or through the Mac OS X Software update mechanism. Additional details of the release are also published in a knowledge base article on the company's site.
On Topic: General
- Amazon Dash Buttons bring consumerism to Internet of Things
- Google unveils new $149 Chromebooks, Asus-made Chromebit stick computer
- Apple's Lisa Jackson talks environmental regulations, global carbon footprint at WSJ conference
- Continuity tips: How to enable or disable iPhone cellular calls on Mac & iPad
- China reportedly defers banking technology regulations, relieves pressure on foreign firms