Friday, August 04, 2006, 11:00 am PT (02:00 pm ET)
More WWDC banner photos making the roundsSeveral more photos taken at the site of Apple Computer's upcoming World Wide Developer Conference have been posted on the Web, offering the first and only glimpse at the company's preparations inside San Francisco's Moscone Center.
Although Apple has taken no measures to conceal the banner pictured in the photos, its mere appearance on the Web has done much to kick-off the inevitable temporary insanity the precedes each keynote address by company co-founder Steve Jobs.
Over on the AppleInsider Forums, users are discussing everything from Blu-ray and Windows Vista to Intel-based Power Macs and Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard. Meanwhile, several unauthentic Leopard screen shots and falsified feature reports have begun to sprout across the Web faster than a well-watered Chia Pet.
Still, all the excitement has done little to quell investor concerns over Apple's impending stock grant woes. Shares of the company were trading down some $3.30 or nearly 4.75 percent on Friday after Apple said it had discovered additional irregularities.
On Topic: General
- Former Apple exec Ron Johnson wants to make online shopping personal with new startup 'Enjoy'
- Apple says its 'ambitious' sapphire manufacturing process is 'not ready for production'
- GT Advanced to exit sapphire production business, Apple to recover $439M prepayment over 4 years
- Christian Bale confirmed to play Steve Jobs in upcoming biopic, to start shooting soon
- Apple to build 25 new Apple Stores in China in two years