Tuesday, March 20, 2007, 05:55 am PT (08:55 am ET)
Apple TV now shipping; new orders in 3-5 daysAfter a series of hiccups, Apple Inc. on Tuesday finally got around to shipping its much talked about Apple TV wireless streaming media hub.
The move comes just one week after the Cupertino, Calif.-based firm first ramped production over at Taiwanese manufacturing partner Foxconn (Hon Hai).
Customers who had placed pre-orders for the $299 device began receiving their Apple Store online shipment confirmations overnight, which promise delivery by Friday, March 23.
A good portion, if not all, of Apple's backorders appear to have shipped in the United States and other regions such as Canada.
According to the company's online store, fresh orders for Apple TV will ship within 3 to 5 business days.
On Topic: General
- Samsung experts say Apple's patented features not valuable in trial
- Nike to reportedly exit wearables market, fires bulk of FuelBand team [u]
- Apple offers unclaimed WWDC tickets to select developers
- Briefly: Online Apple Store delays 24-hour ship times in Europe for Easter
- Samsung deal with Swiss clock maker portrayed as an affront to Apple