Thursday, September 11, 2008, 02:00 pm
High-quality unboxing photos of Apple's second-gen iPod touchThe new second generation iPod touch is not only thinner itself, with a rounded, polished aluminum back, but it also ships in a simpler, smaller case as well, just like the Nano. It also introduces Genius playlist creation, audio recording features when used with a mic, and a built in Nike+ iPod receiver.
The new iPod touch ships with standard headphones; Apple will release two headphone options next month that include a mic and playback/volume controls: a standard earbud pair for $29 and a premium dual driver, in ear set for $79.
On Topic: iPod
- Apple's online store now offering refurbed 7th Generation iPod Nanos, cheaper refurbed iPads
- Apple Online Store now offering refurbished 5th-gen iPod touch for $240
- Rumor: Ex-Adobe exec Kevin Lynch heading Apple team of former iPod employees
- Apple now collecting twice as much from iTunes, software & services as from iPod sales
- Users experiencing issues updating 5th-gen iPod touch to iOS 6.1