Thursday, September 11, 2008, 11:00 am PT (02:00 pm ET)
High-quality unboxing photos of Apple's second-gen iPod touchThe new second generation iPod touch is not only thinner itself, with a rounded, polished aluminum back, but it also ships in a simpler, smaller case as well, just like the Nano. It also introduces Genius playlist creation, audio recording features when used with a mic, and a built in Nike+ iPod receiver.
The new iPod touch ships with standard headphones; Apple will release two headphone options next month that include a mic and playback/volume controls: a standard earbud pair for $29 and a premium dual driver, in ear set for $79.
On Topic: iPod
- Apple, Inc. and the pursuit of affordable luxury electronics
- Apple lowers MFi & Lightning licensing fees, paving way for more affordable iOS accessories
- Review: Underwater Audio's waterproof iPod shuffle
- Apple's iPod continues to lead an ever-shrinking market of portable media players
- Twelve years ago today Apple began selling iPod