Tuesday, June 15, 2010, 01:25 pm PT (04:25 pm ET)
Apple releases Mac OS X 10.6.4 with trackpad, CS3 related fixesApple on Tuesday released Mac OS X 10.6.4, its latest update for the Snow Leopard operating system, with fixes related to Adobe's Creative Suite 3, as well as a resolution for an issue that could cause a Mac keyboard or trackpad to become unresponsive.
The latest update for Mac OS X also includes Safari 5, released last week with extensions, expanded HTML5 support, and the new Reader functionality. The 315.5 MB update is available via software update and is recommended for all users running Mac OS X Snow Leopard.
In addition to general operating system fixes that enhance the stability, compatibility and security of Mac systems, Apple said it includes fixes that:
- resolve an issue that causes the keyboard or trackpad to become unresponsive
- resolve an issue that may prevent some Adobe Creative Suite 3 applications from opening
- address issues copying, renaming, or deleting files on SMB file servers
- improve reliability of VPN connections
- resolve a playback issue in DVD Player when using Good Quality deinterlacing
- resolve an issue editing photos with iPhoto or Aperture in full screen view
- improve compatibility with some braille displays
Apple released numerous betas for Mac OS X 10.6.4. Since May, those familiar with the builds said they were clear of known issues.
The last update to Snow Leopard, Mac OS X 10.6.3, was released in late March. It packed fixes for QuickTime X and Open GL-based applications.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- Apple issues OS X 10.9.3 Mavericks beta to developers with minor changes
- Apple issues iMovie for Mac update with new features, bug fixes
- Apple releases Xcode 5.1.1 update with bug fixes, stability improvements
- Apple issues sixth OS X 10.9.3 Mavericks seed to developers with minor tweaks
- Dropbox bringing Mailbox to the Mac, launches new Carousel photo app