Apple issues Quicktime 7.7 for Windows, Leopard and updates printer driversApple on Wednesday issued QuickTime 7.7 for Windows and Mac OS X Leopard, as well as a batch of driver updates for printers and scanners from Samsung, HP and Brother.
QuickTime 7.7 for Leopard
On its download page for the update, Apple indicates that QuickTime 7.7 for Leopard improves security. According to a support document explaining the changes made, QuickTime 7.7 closes several holes that could allow maliciously crafted images, audio files and movies to crash the program or execute unauthorized code.
The update is a 68.85MB download and is recommended for all Mac OS X Leopard users.
QuickTime 7.7 for Windows
Apple recommends QuickTime 7.7 for all users on Windows XP (SP2 or later), Windows Vista and Windows 7. The update resolves a number of Windows-specific security flaws.
Users are warned that installing QuickTime 7 will disable QuickTime Pro functionality on prior versions of the software, such as QuickTime 6.
HP Printer Drivers 2.7 for Mac OS X is a 494.47MB download containing the latest printing and scanning software for HP printers. The update requires Mac OS X 10.6.1 or later or Mac OS X Lion.
Samsung Printer Drivers 2.2 for Mac OS X includes Samsung printing software that shipped with Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard. The 26.86MB download requires Mac OS X 10.6 or later or Lion.
Finally, the Brother 2.7 Printer Drivers update installs the latest software for Brother printers or scanners. The download weighs 136.55MB and requires Mac OS X 10.6.0 or later or Lion.
On Topic: Software
- Adobe releases Photoshop and Premiere Elements 15 for Mac with new automated tools
- Parallels Desktop 12 for Mac released with macOS Sierra support, Toolbox app
- Skype cloud shift will require OS X Yosemite or iOS 8 for full support on Apple devices
- MacKeeper threatens 14-year-old YouTube video maker with harassment suit
- Adobe releases Photoshop and Premiere Elements 14 for Mac with new tools