Apple drops refurbished 16GB Wi-FI iPad 2 price to $349After announcing its new Retina Display-toting iPad, Apple has dropped the price of the previous generation iPad 2 to as low as $349 in an apparent effort to turn over existing stock.
As Apple's website continues to be bombarded with an almost overwhelming amount of people clamoring to pre-order the latest iPad, the "Refurbished" section of the company's online storefront quietly revealed a significant price drop for the previous iteration of the tablet with prices starting at $349 for an entry-level 16GB Wi-Fi model.
The decrease in price, which took effect Wednesday morning following the third-generation iPad unveiling, reflects an extra 20 percent savings on the already discounted unit.
Before the special event, the online Apple Store's least expensive iPad 2 was a refurbished model which sold for $420, however that changed when the company announced it would continue to sell factory-new 16GB Wi-Fi and 3G-capable models of the second generation tablet at a heavily discounted price of $399. Interestingly, the refurbished 16GB Wi-Fi iPad 2 is $50 less than a refurbished 32GB first generation model.
The Apple Certified Refurbished iPads are tested and come with a one-year warranty, new battery and outer shell.
While availability fluctuates for refurbished products, there is currently a wide selection to choose from as all iPad 2 flavors are in stock save for units capable of connecting with Verizon's 3G network.
On Topic: iPad
- Winners of the WaterField Designs MacBook bag giveaway announced [Carl J. and Tyler D.]
- Adonit ships new Pixel stylus to compete with Apple Pencil
- IDC: $200-350 Chromebooks shipped 37% more U.S. units in Q1 vs Apple's $1,200 MacBooks
- Deals: iMac 5K for $1,499, 38mm "Apple Watch" for $399 plus free stand, iPad Air for $270
- Apple, Maine Department of Education working to swap 'toy' iPads for MacBooks