Friday, May 25, 2012, 06:23 pm PT (09:23 pm ET)
Apple pushes out iOS 5.1.1 update revision for GSM iPhone 4Apple on Friday released a second version of iOS 5.1.1 designed for the GSM iPhone 4, though it failed to comment on what changes had been made to the mobile operating system or why it only affects one specific iPhone model.
As noted in a tweet by iPhone hacker iH8sn0w, build number 9B208 is an iPhone 4 (GSM)-only version of iOS 5.1.1 that was quietly pushed out without explanation after reportedly being compiled on Thursday morning, reports The Next Web.
The original iOS 5.1.1 update was released on May 7 and brought various improvements including fixes for HDR photo and AirPlay video bugs.
iPhone 4 owners on GSM networks can download the over-the-air update via iPhone's Software Update found in the settings menu or by physically connecting the handset to iTunes.
Earlier today, the latest untethered Absinthe v2.0 jailbreak was made available, though it is unlikely that the iOS re-release is somehow related.
On Topic: iPhone
- Galaxy Note 3 phablet accounts for just 1/10 of Samsung's 2013 premium phone sales
- Fiverr lets users buy & sell services anywhere with new iPhone app
- iPhone 5s now shipping from Apple's online store within 24 hours
- Apple's iPhone 5s, 5c available on Straight Talk & NET10 starting Friday
- Apple catches up with iPhone 5s demand, achieves full availability at its stores