Monday, August 06, 2012, 03:05 pm PT (06:05 pm ET)
Sprint drops iPhone 4S price to $149 ahead of rumored next-gen iPhone releaseU.S. wireless carrier Sprint has cut the price of Apple's current iPhone 4S to $149 and is waiving activation fees for the handset ahead of a rumored Apple special event that may see the launch of a next-generation iPhone.
As reported by All Things D, the new $149 price tag showed up on Sprint's website over the weekend and represents a $50 savings not including the $36 activation fee waiver.
The new pricing comes ahead of a rumored special event Apple is said to be planning for Sept. 12, where many expect the company to launch the sixth-generation iPhone and possibly a smaller 7-inch iPad.
On Topic: iPhone
- Apple to roll out in-store iPhone 5s screen replacement program on Aug. 4
- Redesigned Typo 2 physical keyboard for Apple's iPhone 5 & 5s now available for preorder
- Resurgent T-Mobile passes 50M subscribers, but CEO refuses to talk about Apple's 'iPhone 6'
- Rumor: Apple's 'iPhone 6' to launch on Oct. 14 as part of 'busy month'
- Verizon's plan to throttle LTE speeds draws scrutiny from FCC chairman