Monday, August 06, 2012, 03:05 pm PT (06:05 pm ET)
Sprint drops iPhone 4S price to $149 ahead of rumored next-gen iPhone releaseU.S. wireless carrier Sprint has cut the price of Apple's current iPhone 4S to $149 and is waiving activation fees for the handset ahead of a rumored Apple special event that may see the launch of a next-generation iPhone.
As reported by All Things D, the new $149 price tag showed up on Sprint's website over the weekend and represents a $50 savings not including the $36 activation fee waiver.
The new pricing comes ahead of a rumored special event Apple is said to be planning for Sept. 12, where many expect the company to launch the sixth-generation iPhone and possibly a smaller 7-inch iPad.
On Topic: iPhone
- Apple's A8 SoC likely carrying new 6-core PowerVR GPU, clocked at 1.4GHz with 1GB RAM
- Apple's iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus reach record 4 million preorders in first day
- Samsung calls Apple's iPhone 6 Plus a Galaxy Note imitation in new ad
- iPhone trade-in roundup: Apple, Amazon, Best Buy, BuyBack World, Gazelle, NextWorth, uSell, Target & Walmart
- iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus preorder delivery dates slip as AT&T sees biggest-ever pre-sale launch