Sprint drops iPhone 4S price to $149 ahead of rumored next-gen iPhone releaseU.S. wireless carrier Sprint has cut the price of Apple's current iPhone 4S to $149 and is waiving activation fees for the handset ahead of a rumored Apple special event that may see the launch of a next-generation iPhone.
As reported by All Things D, the new $149 price tag showed up on Sprint's website over the weekend and represents a $50 savings not including the $36 activation fee waiver.
The new pricing comes ahead of a rumored special event Apple is said to be planning for Sept. 12, where many expect the company to launch the sixth-generation iPhone and possibly a smaller 7-inch iPad.
On Topic: iPhone
- Surging iPhone, plummeting feature phone sales push Apple past Microsoft in mobile market
- Yahoo expected to launch messaging app at New York City press event
- T-Mobile adds Apple Music to list of streaming services for cap-free Music Freedom
- UK banks HSBC, First Direct go live with promised Apple Pay support
- Supply chain evidence of 4-inch 'iPhone 6c' disappears, analyst says