Saturday, October 27, 2012, 03:13 pm PT (06:13 pm ET)
First look at Apple's new Palo Alto retail storeApple on Saturday opened the doors to its brand new store in Palo Alto, Calif., located just a few miles from the company's corporate headquarters.
The new Apple Store on 340 University Drive in Palo Alto drew a large crowd for its grand reopening Saturday at 10 a.m. local time. The new location has replaced the old store which was located just down the street.
The new store has about 15,000 square feet of retail space and an all-glass front that is a trademark feature of Apple's retail locations. AppleInsider readers Ben and Gavin were onhand for Saturday's festivities, and Gavin described the location as "massive."
The original Apple Store in Palo Alto was noteworthy because it was the local store of Apple co-founder Steve Jobs. Jobs himself would sometimes appear at the store for product launches, including the debut of the first iPad in 2010.
Thanks to AppleInsider reader Ben for the included photos.
On Topic: General
- Apple reaches settlement in Silicon Valley anti-poaching lawsuit [ux2]
- Google exec & social networking chief Vic Gundotra leaves company
- Tim Cook offering lunch date at Apple HQ for charity
- Future Apple devices may boast environmental sensor suite with built-in thermometer
- Apple's display tech lets users interact with 3D objects in mid-air