Apple and Starbucks offering (RED) gift card pack for AIDS reliefApple's iTunes and Starbucks on Thursday started selling a $30 PRODUCT (RED) digital gift card combo that includes a $15 card for each store, with 5 percent of the purchase price going to the Global Fund AIDS research foundation.
First discovered by The Loop, the partnership was announced by Starbucks, which is partnering with (RED) for the fifth year in offering the special donations. Apple also participates in a similar fashion with its (RED) line of iPods and iPad SmartCovers.
From the Starbucks release:
Give a gift that gives back this holiday season with Starbucks iTunes (RED) eGift basket. You can send loved ones a thoughtful gift of two digital eGifts$15 eGift to Starbucks and $15 eGift to iTunesfor $30. Plus, for every gift sold, Starbucks and iTunes will together contribute 5% of the purchase price to the Global Fund to help deliver an AIDS free generation by 2015. With the convenience of a Starbucks Card, Starbucks Card eGifts can be used for purchases in-store at participating company-owned and licensed stores in the U.S. and online. This unique and meaningful eGift basket can be purchased online
In addition to the gift card, Starbucks will be making a five-cent donation for every "handcrafted beverage" purchased on World AIDS Day, or Dec. 1.
Those interested in purchasing the $30 gift card bundle can click here to send the eGift to a friend. Buyers have the option to have the digital cards to recipients immediately or at any time before Dec. 30.
On Topic: General
- This week on AI: Apple's no-good terrible quarter, a death in Cupertino, 'Apple Watch 2' rumors & more
- Apple redesigns Support website with clean layout, responsive UI
- Schiller schools internet on correct Apple device plurals, but Cook says 'iPad Pros'
- Apple will attempt data extraction on iPhone of teen lost at sea, report says
- Tor Myhren officially starts as Apple's new VP of Marketing Communications