Yahoo! launches iOS mail client in push to streamline serviceYahoo! on Tuesday rolled out a host of new mail clients for iOS, Android, Windows 8 and the Web in an effort to cull advertising and other distractions from the service's user experience.
Announced by Yahoo! CEO Marissa Meyer in a post to the company's official blog, Mail is supposedly built for speed and features a spartan interface much like the erstwhile Sparrow, which was recently purchased by Google.
Among the new features are an "intuitive and easier to navigate" inbox, gesture support and a unique GUI that is consistent across all supported devices.
"Youve told us loud and clear that you want fewer distractions when it comes to email. You want to quickly login, communicate, and get on with your day. And weve listened," Yahoo! CEO Marissa Meyer said in a blog post. "Starting today, the new Yahoo! Mail is fast, easy and available anywhere you go."
Mail joins other apps in the company's stable, including News and Messenger which were recently updated in September and November, respectively.
Yahoo! Mail for iOS comes in at 3.9 MB and can be downloaded through the App Store.
On Topic: General
- Apple researching wireless earphones with bone conduction noise cancelling tech
- Apple supposedly confirmed to hold Sept. 9 iPhone event at Bill Graham Civic Auditorium
- Apple's Jony Ive, Jimmy Iovine to join tech and entertainment luminaries at Vanity Fair event
- Universal unveils official poster for upcoming Steve Jobs movie
- Windows 10 adoption up to 75M devices nearly one month after launch, Microsoft says