Apple's holiday ad touts iPad, iPad mini FaceTime featuresWith less than a week to go until Christmas, Apple on Friday released a commercial focusing on the iPad family of products and FaceTime.
In the commercial, aptlynamed "I'll be Home," a girl sings the holiday classica "I'll be Home for Christmas" to what can be assumed is her grandfather over a FaceTime conversation on an iPad and iPad mini.
While the older gentleman doesn't have a speaking role, his presence serves to show off the tablets' communication capabilities, something Apple had yet to do in its most recent iPad ads.
Apple appears to be pushing the iPad mini as the product of the holiday season and reports of strong sales appear to confirm that the device will be popping up in many stockings around the world on Christmas day.
On Topic: General
- This week on AI: Oct. 27 Mac event, new future for 'Apple Car' & more
- Mirai-based DDoS attack highlights benefits of Apple's secure HomeKit platform
- Apple monitoring AT&T's potential merger with Time Warner, report says
- Trade-in coupon: $20 cash bonus when you trade in your old Mac ahead of rumored 2016 MacBook Pros
- US internet users suffering under DDoS attacks on key DNS provider