Friday, December 21, 2012, 07:30 pm PT (10:30 pm ET)
Apple's holiday ad touts iPad, iPad mini FaceTime featuresWith less than a week to go until Christmas, Apple on Friday released a commercial focusing on the iPad family of products and FaceTime.
In the commercial, aptlynamed "I'll be Home," a girl sings the holiday classica "I'll be Home for Christmas" to what can be assumed is her grandfather over a FaceTime conversation on an iPad and iPad mini.
While the older gentleman doesn't have a speaking role, his presence serves to show off the tablets' communication capabilities, something Apple had yet to do in its most recent iPad ads.
Apple appears to be pushing the iPad mini as the product of the holiday season and reports of strong sales appear to confirm that the device will be popping up in many stockings around the world on Christmas day.
On Topic: General
- Apple opens iTunes donations for 'City of Hope' cancer charity, moves beyond natural disaster relief
- PayPal purportedly cut out of Apple Pay due to partnership with Samsung
- Pebble smartwatch gets $50 price cut, background tracking for fitness & sleep
- Microsoft looks to distance itself from Windows 8, jumps to Windows 10
- European Commission finds Ireland's tax deal with Apple amounts to illegal state aid