Tuesday, April 02, 2013, 08:46 am PT (11:46 am ET)
Macworld/iWorld moves to late MarchNext year will see the annual Macworld/iWorld expo moving to a new date and location, as the expo's organizers seek to balance attendee requests and the realities of putting on a large show.
The 2014 Macworld/iWorld expo will move from its usual early February date to March 27 through 29. Media registration for the event will open in late fall of 2013. The organizers say that both attendees and exhibitors expressed interest in moving the event further away from the holidays and other winter travel complications.
Whereas previous Macworlds were held in Moscone Center West, the 2014 incarnation of the show will take place in Moscone Center's North Hall. The location change, the event's organizers say, will give Macworld/iWorld more opportunities to grow and evolve.
The 2013 Macworld, according to IDG World Expo, had the highest rebook rate among exhibitors since 2009.
On Topic: General
- Review: Razer's Kraken Pro analog gaming headset
- Apple hires noted tech journalist Anand Lal Shimpi
- Samsung asks New Yorkers to compare Apple's iPad Air to Galaxy Tab S in new ad
- Apple's mysterious 2-story structure at site of Sept. 9 event drives frenzy even further
- Apple announces Sept. 9 event for expected 'iPhone 6' & 'iWatch' unveiling: 'Wish we could say more'