Macworld/iWorld moves to late MarchNext year will see the annual Macworld/iWorld expo moving to a new date and location, as the expo's organizers seek to balance attendee requests and the realities of putting on a large show.
The 2014 Macworld/iWorld expo will move from its usual early February date to March 27 through 29. Media registration for the event will open in late fall of 2013. The organizers say that both attendees and exhibitors expressed interest in moving the event further away from the holidays and other winter travel complications.
Whereas previous Macworlds were held in Moscone Center West, the 2014 incarnation of the show will take place in Moscone Center's North Hall. The location change, the event's organizers say, will give Macworld/iWorld more opportunities to grow and evolve.
The 2013 Macworld, according to IDG World Expo, had the highest rebook rate among exhibitors since 2009.
On Topic: General
- Microsoft debuts Lumia 950 & 950XL phones, Display Dock, Band 2 fitness tracker
- Microsoft unveils Surface Book laptop & Surface Pro 4 tablet with new Surface Pen
- From analog to digital: How Danny Boyle's 'Steve Jobs' captures the rapid advancement of technology
- Apple's angled camera concept could enable virtual keyboard docks
- Microsoft exec jabs at Apple, tweets drawing of 'converged' toaster and refrigerator