Tuesday, April 09, 2013, 01:38 pm PT (04:38 pm ET)
Apple seeds second OS X 10.8.4 beta with no known issues, reactivates App Store updatesApple on Tuesday rolled out OS X 10.8.4 beta build 12E30 to developers, with the biggest change being the return of Mac App Store downloads
The new build release come a little over one week after Apple issued the first Mountain Lion 10.8.4 beta in early April.
According to people familiar with the new build's release notes, Apple has not modified the areas of focus since the first beta, asking testers to focus on Wi-Fi, Graphics Drivers and Safari.
Unlike the first build, Apple is now offering software updates through the Mac App Store, a feature first seen with OS X 10.8.3 beta builds.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- Apple issues OS X 10.9.3 Mavericks beta to developers with minor changes
- Apple issues iMovie for Mac update with new features, bug fixes
- Apple releases Xcode 5.1.1 update with bug fixes, stability improvements
- Apple issues sixth OS X 10.9.3 Mavericks seed to developers with minor tweaks
- Dropbox bringing Mailbox to the Mac, launches new Carousel photo app