Twitter iOS app updated with user access to worldwide trending topicsTwitter on Wednesday updated its iOS and Android apps with a new option to view Trends from outside a user's home location, allowing users to peek into popular topics from around the world.
The feature is part of Twitter's Tailored Trends section, which launched last year as a customizable curated feed of tweets based on who a user follows and their location.
Located in the Discover tab, the location-specific trending view offers up popular hashtags from hundreds of locales around the world, as seen in the screenshot above.
In addition to the location-aware tending feed, Twitter for iOS now lets users send out invites to friends from within the app. Other enhancements include a change to retweet handling, with replies to retweeted tweets now carrying the tags of both the original author and retweeter.
Finally, Twitter has improved playback of videos from its short clip creation service Vine. Bug fixes and backend improvements are also included.
Twitter for iOS comes in at 21.8MB and can be downloaded for free from the App Store.
On Topic: App Store
- Google Play Music now stores 50K songs free, Apple's iTunes Match still at 25K songs for $25/year
- Tweetbot for iOS gets Twitter video and GIF support in latest update
- Google launches new YouTube Kids app on Apple's iOS
- IFTTT launches trio of new 'Do' apps alongside flagship app refresh
- NBC for iOS gains live streaming as Kayak, Snapchat and Yelp also see Apple updates