Password management app 1Password gets robust browser enhancements, sharing, morePopular login asset manager 1Password received a healthy update on Monday, bringing a number of new features to its built in "1Browser" Web browser, new sharing options and an advanced search tool.
1Password's developers AgileBits said many of the new features and fixes released in version 4.2 of the app are meant to fill requests and suggestions from users.
Much of the the substantial update is focused on 1Browser, the built in Web browser first introduced to 1Password in the app's last major update. Users can now add "Go and Fill" bookmarks on iPad, a feature seen on 1Password's desktop app. Also new to the iPad iteration is access to the Strong Password Generator, the app's random key generator.
All versions of the app get auto-submit functionality when filling in logins, a feature borrowed from the desktop app. URL copying is supported via the Copy to Clipboard option in the Share menu, and closing the last tab in 1Browser now automatically takes users back to "vault mode."
As for sharing, users can now send passwords and logins through Messages or email, and include an "Add to 1Password" link that automatically saves the asset to the app.
Finally, search capabilities were enhanced with results now applcable to all fields as well as primary URLs. Miscellaneous improvements include better translations and the addition of Greek language support, refreshed Dropbox syncing and bug fixes.
1Password comes in at 22.8MB and can be downloaded through the App Store for $17.99.
On Topic: App Store
- Entry into $34B console gaming market seen as largest opportunity for new Apple TV
- EU clears Apple and labels of colluding against free streaming music services, turns eye to App Store fees
- Apple's impressive App Store growth continues to be overlooked by Wall Street, Macquarie says
- Adidas buys fitness app maker Runtastic for $239 million
- The best virtual reality apps for iPhone, compatible with Google Cardboard