Monday, July 08, 2013, 01:48 pm PT (04:48 pm ET)
Apple seeds Xcode 5 developer preview 3 to developersApple on Monday released the third Xcode 5 beta to developers ahead of the coding tool's public debut later this year, with fixes to a number of areas including the built-in device simulator.
With Xcode 5 developer preview 3, Apple brings a host of bug fixes to Simulator, Instruments, Interface Builder, and Xcode Server, but issues still remain with the software, said people with access to the beta.
A handful of problems continue to crash or otherwise cause Xcode 5 to fail, though Apple is aware of the bugs, which look to be minor.
Monday's seed comes two weeks after Xcode 5 developer preview 2 was made available for download alongside the second beta for Apple's next-gen Mac operating system, OS X 10.9 Mavericks.
Developers interested in downloading the latest Xcode preview can do so through Apple's Developer website or the Mac App Store.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- Microsoft to release long-awaited Office for Mac update in 2014 - report
- Apple to enable pixel-doubled 'Retina' mode for 4K monitors in OS X 10.9.3
- Apple issues first OS X 10.9.3 beta, asks developers to focus on graphics and audio
- Apple issues OS X Server 3.1 Preview beta with added supervised devices support
- Mac owners report OS X 10.9.2 update breaks AirPlay functionality