Apple seeds fifth OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.5 beta to developersFollowing its recent one-week beta seed schedule, Apple released the latest OS X 10.8.5 Mountain Lion maintenance update, dubbed 12F23, with no known issues.
According to people familiar with the seed, Apple is asking developers to concentrate on the same areas as the previous 12F20 build, including graphics, PDF viewing, Wi-Fi, and wake from sleep. Like that version, the latest update comes with no known issues.
The first OS X 10.8.5 beta came on June 19, with the seeds coming out regularly every week.
Apple is also releasing beta builds of the forthcoming OS X 10.9 Mavericks, with that cycle seeing delivery every two weeks. The last version, Developer Preview 3, contained some minor changes to how the operating system handles iCloud and the upcoming iCloud Keychain feature.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- Apple summons security experts for bug bounty program brief - report
- New macOS Sierra 10.12.1 betas available to developers & public
- Troubleshooting macOS Sierra: FileMaker, Logitech and Razer devices, 4k display issues [u]
- Inside iOS 10: Examining the new smart Photos features
- Troubleshooting macOS Sierra: Wired networking, ScanSnap, Bluetooth