Apple seeds fifth OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.5 beta to developersFollowing its recent one-week beta seed schedule, Apple released the latest OS X 10.8.5 Mountain Lion maintenance update, dubbed 12F23, with no known issues.
According to people familiar with the seed, Apple is asking developers to concentrate on the same areas as the previous 12F20 build, including graphics, PDF viewing, Wi-Fi, and wake from sleep. Like that version, the latest update comes with no known issues.
The first OS X 10.8.5 beta came on June 19, with the seeds coming out regularly every week.
Apple is also releasing beta builds of the forthcoming OS X 10.9 Mavericks, with that cycle seeing delivery every two weeks. The last version, Developer Preview 3, contained some minor changes to how the operating system handles iCloud and the upcoming iCloud Keychain feature.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- macOS virtual keyboard system resources lack function keys, suggest 'Magic Toolbar' legit
- Long-awaited Sid Meier title Civilization VI arrives on macOS
- Apple updates macOS Sierra to 10.12.1 with Mail, Safari, Photos fixes
- Trade-in coupon: $20 cash bonus when you trade in your old Mac ahead of rumored 2016 MacBook Pros
- LEGO rolls out Macs in the workplace to meet growing employee demand