Apple seeds fifth OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.5 beta to developersFollowing its recent one-week beta seed schedule, Apple released the latest OS X 10.8.5 Mountain Lion maintenance update, dubbed 12F23, with no known issues.
According to people familiar with the seed, Apple is asking developers to concentrate on the same areas as the previous 12F20 build, including graphics, PDF viewing, Wi-Fi, and wake from sleep. Like that version, the latest update comes with no known issues.
The first OS X 10.8.5 beta came on June 19, with the seeds coming out regularly every week.
Apple is also releasing beta builds of the forthcoming OS X 10.9 Mavericks, with that cycle seeing delivery every two weeks. The last version, Developer Preview 3, contained some minor changes to how the operating system handles iCloud and the upcoming iCloud Keychain feature.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- Latest OS X beta ditches buggy discoveryd DNS service, replaced with mDNSResponder
- Apple issues fourth beta of OS X 10.10.4 to developers, public with focus on Photos & Migration
- Final Cut Pro 10.2.1 solves bugs causing crashes, Timeline problems
- Google to funnel all Chrome for Mac extensions through Chrome Web Store
- Leica, Apple working to fix Monochrom DNG bug that could erase Photos app library