Apple says developer portal downtime will not affect program membershipsAs an unusually long maintenance for Apple's developer portal continues, the company recently posted a message on the service's holding page saying developer memberships set to expire during the period will be extended.
Reported earlier on Friday, Apple noted on its Dev Center that the website would be undergoing extended maintenance on Friday, though the portal has now been inaccessible to developers for well over a day.
The company has updated its "We'll be back soon" message, now saying the maintenance is "taking longer than expected." In response, Apple has extended developer memberships set to expire during the downtime.
AppleInsider first received word that the iOS and OS X Dev Centers were down on Thursday, effectively blocking access to developer tools made available through the site.
Apple urges developers who have questions regarding their account to contact dev support.
On Topic: General
- Apple loses global payments executive to eBay's rumored PayPal replacement
- Apple sharpens focus on art, harmony with Chongqing Apple Store mural
- Apple's Photos beta for iCloud.com gets new image viewing and sharing options
- KGI: iPhone sales forecast at 73M for Q4 ahead of Apple Watch debut in March, 12" MacBook Air in Q1
- I Bet My Life: Microsoft HoloLens perfectly targets its core competency