Apple says developer portal downtime will not affect program membershipsAs an unusually long maintenance for Apple's developer portal continues, the company recently posted a message on the service's holding page saying developer memberships set to expire during the period will be extended.
Reported earlier on Friday, Apple noted on its Dev Center that the website would be undergoing extended maintenance on Friday, though the portal has now been inaccessible to developers for well over a day.
The company has updated its "We'll be back soon" message, now saying the maintenance is "taking longer than expected." In response, Apple has extended developer memberships set to expire during the downtime.
AppleInsider first received word that the iOS and OS X Dev Centers were down on Thursday, effectively blocking access to developer tools made available through the site.
Apple urges developers who have questions regarding their account to contact dev support.
On Topic: General
- Microsoft Office 365 gains machine learning writing style assistant, research tool
- New guidelines may push Apple to switch away from SMS for two-factor authentication
- Apple wins patent on tech hinting at Apple Pencil use for Mac
- Chicago Apple Stores targeted in traveling fraud scheme
- Redbox makes second go at online streaming, Google Maps gets 'Wi-Fi only' mode