Wednesday, July 31, 2013, 01:21 pm PT (04:21 pm ET)
Apple seeds seventh OS X Mountain Lion beta to developersContinuing with its one-week beta release cycle, Apple on Wednesday seeded the latest version of its forthcoming OS X 10.8.5 Mountain Lion maintenance update, the seventh such release since the first beta was pushed out in June.
The most recent build, dubbed 12F30, contains no known issues and Apple asks developers to concentrate on the same areas as the previous beta version, people familiar with the release said. As with past versions, the latest build requests developers test Wi-Fi and graphics specifically.
Alongside the upcoming Mountain Lion update, Apple is currently testing OS X 10.9 Mavericks and iOS 7 ahead of expected launches this fall. While the releases haven't revealed much in the way of new features, a line of code discovered in the latest iOS seed pointed to a "Biometric Kit," the first substantial evidence that the next-generation iPhone will include a fingerprint sensor.
Developers can download Wednesday's build via Software Update or Apple's developer portal.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- Apple issues OS X 10.9.3 Mavericks beta to developers with minor changes
- Apple issues iMovie for Mac update with new features, bug fixes
- Apple releases Xcode 5.1.1 update with bug fixes, stability improvements
- Apple issues sixth OS X 10.9.3 Mavericks seed to developers with minor tweaks
- Dropbox bringing Mailbox to the Mac, launches new Carousel photo app