Best Buy & Amazon holding Back To School sale on MacBook Airs through midnightIn addition to its recently-announced iPhone trade-in incentives, Best Buy this weekend is among a handful of resellers offering notable discounts on Apple's MacBook Airs, with prices for 2012 and current 2013 models starting at $799 and $899, respectively.
2013 MacBook Airs
The big box retailer's Back To School sale knocks $100 off all 2013 MacBook Airs and between $120 and $160 off iMacs. Both offers end Saturday at midnight.
For its part, Amazon quickly matched Best Buy's pricing on the following models but has been unable to offer the others at such pricing due to on-again off-again inventory shortages of Apple's most popular Macs that are stemming from the company's aggressive channel flow restructuring.
11" MacBook Air (1.30GHz/4GB/128GB) $899.99
13" MacBook Air (1.30GHz/4GB/128GB) $999.99
27.0" iMac (3.2GHz/8GB/1TB) $1,839.99
Amazon also only charges sales tax on orders shipped in AZ, CA, KS, KY, NJ, NY, ND, PA, TX, and WA.
$799 mid-2013 MacBook Air, Loaded 13-inch Retina MacBook Pro
Separately, B&H Photo continues to offer AppleInsider readers exclusive savings and the absolute lowest prices around on the following two models when you use the links in this article or our Apple Price Guides. For more details on these offers, click here.
11" MacBookAir (1.70GHz/4GB/64GB) $799.00 ($200 savings)
13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (2.5GHz/8GB,768GB) $1,799 ($600 savings)
These same offers can also be combined with exclusive AppleCare Protection Plan bundle pricing for added savings:
11" MacBookAir (1.70GHz/4GB/64GB) $978.99 ($269 savings)
13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (2.5GHz/8GB,768GB) $1,978.99 ($669 savings)
B&H ships free and only collects sales tax on orders shipped to its home state of New York. For the lowest prices on all other Macs, see our Mac Price Guide (snippet below):
+ B&H Photo only charges sales tax in NY, yielding hundreds in additional savings for most readers.
^ B&H Photo offers this exclusive pricing to AppleInsider Price Guide users.
* MacMall is offering AI readers 3% off their already reduced iMac, MacBook Pro & MacBook Air prices with coupon code APPLEINSIDER01
* MacMall also only charges sales tax in CA, IL, NY, TN, MN, GA, NC, and WI, yielding hundreds in additional savings for most readers.
On Topic: iMac
- Apple might debut 'MagSafe-like' USB-C adapter with redesigned MacBook Pro line
- New Apple event invite recalls original Macintosh, iMac introductions
- Suspect 27" iMac model with Intel Kaby Lake pops up at Best Buy
- Customer rampages through French Apple Store, smashes iPhones, iMacs, MacBook Air
- macOS Sierra beta points to future Macs equipped with 10Gbps USB 3.1 Gen 2