Apple's iPhone 5s and 5c to land on U.S. Cellular on Nov. 8America's fifth-largest carrier, U.S. Cellular, announced on Friday that it will start carrying the latest iPhone 5s and 5c on Nov. 8, marking the first time Apple's popular handset will be available on the telecom's network.
In an update to its webpage, U.S. Cellular revealed that it will begin selling Apple's iPhone on Nov. 8, though the company has yet to make an official announcement. Until now, U.S. Cellular was the largest cellular provider in the nation to not have access to the iPhone, meaning the carrier was left behind for the recent iPhone 5s and 5c launch in September.
American's top-four, Verizon, AT&T, Sprint and T-Mobile, all rolled out the two devices on Sept. 20 to awaiting hordes. It was later learned that the new iPhones were among the top three best-selling devices for each of the four carriers that month, despite being on sale for only ten days. The more expensive iPhone 5s was the number one seller for all telecoms.
Apple announced combined sales of nine millions units for the handsets' first weekend of availability, a number that shattered the company's previous record of six million units sold.
Beyond the availability date, U.S. Cellular has shared little else about its upcoming iPhone plans. The large iPhone 5s and 5c links on the company's homepage both lead to generic advertisements of each, as well as a comparison chart cribbed from Apple's website. AppleInsider has reached out to U.S. Cellular for details regarding unit cost and data plan pricing, and will update this article when more information is available.
On Topic: iPhone
- Hermes Edition Apple Watch launches; iPhone 7, Apple Watch arrive in more countries
- Apple partners with Flipkart for online iPhone 7 sales in India
- Recall of dangerous Samsung Galaxy Note 7 yields a half-million exchanges in US
- Wide iPhone 7 availability expected at Apple retail by Oct. 8, international freight logjam to blame
- Apple's iPhone 7 camera delivers nice slice of enhancements, but iPhone 7 Plus takes the cake