Video shows purported 'iPhone 6' case fits 6.1mm-thick iPod touch 'exactly'After a supposed "leak" and comparison video, a case purportedly built for Apple's iPhone 6 has been tested against a current generation iPod touch with surprising similarities including near-exact thickness and correct volume control placement.
Unbox Therapy via YouTube
As noted in last week's video comparing the rumored iPhone 6 case with the iPhone 5s, LG-made Nexus 5 and Samsung's Galaxy S5, the external measurements of Apple's rumored handset look to be surprisingly thin.
According to Unbox Therapy, which got its hands on the bright pink case, the shell itself is thinner than the current 7.6-millimeter iPhone 5s, suggesting the upcoming handset shaves off a substantial amount of thickness while expanding screen size. In addition, the case features rounded edges consistent with previous reports of a revamped chassis design.
The YouTube channel's creator, Lewis Hilsenteger, purchased a current-generation iPod touch to find out if the 6.1mm-thick device would fit in the purported case. As seen in the video above, the iPod's thickness is "exactly the same" as the case's internal dimensions. Further, the volume buttons also appear to line up perfectly with those on the silicone-like shell, suggesting the iPhone 6 may take on a form factor closer to the iPod touch and current iPad lineup.
On Topic: iPhone
- Samsung responds to iPhone 6 with premium metal & glass Galaxy S6, counters Apple Pay with Samsung Pay
- Apple touts iPhone 6 as world's most popular camera in showcase of extraordinary user photos
- Sources: Apple's 2015 'iPhone 6s' models to gain Force Touch but no dual-camera system
- Firehouse Subs rolls out support for Apple Pay to over 800 locations nationwide
- Apple's iPhone commands record high 89% of smartphone profits while Android plummets to record low