Wednesday, July 23, 2014, 10:38 pm PT (01:38 am ET)
Apple issues new Safari betas for OS X Mavericks, Mountain Lion with minor changesApple late Wednesday seeded to developers new builds of Safari 7.1 for OS X 10.9 Mavericks and Safari 6.2 for OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion, asking developers focus on credit card and password autofill features.
Not much has changed from the initial release of Safari 7.1 and 6.2 earlier in July, but Apple is asking testers of the most recent "Beta 2" versions to focus on password and credit card autofill tools.
Developers are once again asked to concentrate on "general website compatibility," including subpixel rendering and CSS model getters, the latter of which may render content differently depending on design constraints. Finally, Apple requests testing of Safari extensions.
Developers can download the Beta 2 versions of Safari 7.1 for Mavericks Safari 6.2 for Mountain Lion via Apple's Developer Portal.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- How to send and receive SMS text messages in OS X Yosemite
- Using widgets in OS X Yosemite's new Notification Center
- How to activate 'Dark mode' in OS X Yosemite
- iCloud Drive allows OS X Yosemite users to store any type of file in the cloud
- How to use Mail Drop and Markup to send large emails in OS X Yosemite