Apple releases watchOS 2.1 with new language support & bug fixes for Apple WatchThe Apple Watch was updated Tuesday to watchOS 2.1, giving users bug fixes on the wrist-worn device, as well as language support for Arabic, Greek, Hebrew and more.
watchOS 2.1 can be downloaded by opening the Apple Watch app on the iPhone, then choosing the My Watch tab, General, then Software Update.
Most notably, watchOS 2.1 adds support for system language in Arabic, Czech, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Malay, Portuguese, and Vietnamese. Other changes, according to Apple, include:
- Adds support for Right-to-Left user interface
- Adds ability to switch between Latin and Hindi numerals for Arabic
- Adds a new complication for Islamic and Hebrew calendars
- Adds support for Siri and dictation in Arabic (Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates)
- Adds support for dictation in English (Malaysia), Czech, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Portuguese (Portugal) and Vietnamese
- Resolves an issue that could prevent events from updating in the Calendar complication
- Fixes an issue that could prevent the time from displaying in Power Reserve mode
- Addresses issues that could prevent third-party apps from launching
- Fixes an issue that could prevent third-party app icons from displaying correctly
- Fixes an issue that could cause instability when changing the system language