Apple releases big bug fix patch for 4th gen iPod nano
Fourth-gen iPod nano owners can obtain the update by connecting their iPod to their computer, selecting the iPod from the left-side device list in iTunes, and then selecting the "Check for update" option.
Specifically, the 57.8MB update, labeled "iPod nano (4th generation) Software Version 1.0.3," delivers:
- Support for Apple In-Ear Headphones with Remote and Mic
- Support for Apple Earphones with Remote and Mic
- Fixed instability issues when using Nike + iPod Sport Kit
- Added a setting to turn off Cover Flow when rotating iPod nano and a Cover Flow menu item under the Music menu
- When Shuffle setting is set to Songs, pressing play on a song in a saved Genius playlist will now follow the Shuffle setting
- After playing a slideshow with TV out, Cover Flow album art is no longer distorted
- Waking iPod nano after hibernating no longer distorts photos
- Other minor bug fixes
Unfortunately, the two new Apple headphone options: the $79.00 Apple In-Ear Headphones with Remote and Mic, as well as the $29.00 Apple Earphones with Remote and Mic, have remained unavailable for purchase since their introduction alongside the new iPods in early September,
As is the case with the company new 24-inch LED Cinema Display, the Apple online store continues to list the accessories as "Coming Soon."