AppleInsider may earn an affiliate commission on purchases made through links on our site.
Version 1.2 was submitted on Nov. 12 and was released Wednesday. The new version contains updates to maps and IQ Routes. Added features include advanced lane guidance, text-to-speech, integrated iPod player support, and support for the iPod Touch and first-generation iPhone.
The TomTom app was released in August and is available from the App Store for $99.99 USD.
In order to successfully use the app on the newly supported Touch and 1st-gen iPhones, TomTom's car kit is required. This is due to the fact that both devices lack an integrated GPS receiver.
TomTom's car kit is a cradle which contains a GPS module, integrated speaker, charger, and line out. It is not required when the TomTom app is paired with the iPhone 3G and 3GS. The kit retails for USD $119.95.
Full list of what's new in 1.2:
- Improved search and route summary screens
- Updated map from v8.30 to v8.35
- Updated points of interest database
- Updated IQ Routes database with millions of new measurements
- Added Advanced Lane Guidance in both portrait and landscape mode
- Added Text-to-speech in English US, English UK, English Australia, French Canada, Spanish Latin America
- Added Help Me! emergency menu
- Added iPod player support
- Added support for original iPhone and iPod touch (all models)