AppleInsider is supported by its audience and may earn commission as an Amazon Associate and affiliate partner on qualifying purchases. These affiliate partnerships do not influence our editorial content.
People familiar with the latest build made available to iOS developers said it is known as "9A404." It is available as a download from Apple's developer site, or as an over-the-air update for those already running the first iOS 5.0.1 beta.
The first iOS 5.0.1 beta was issued on Wednesday with a few hiccups, as some developers said they were unable to activate their devices when updating to the pre-release software. Some developers were incorrectly given the message: "This device is not registered as part of the iPhone Developer Program."
Apple is working quickly to issue iOS 5.0.1 publicly after the company acknowledged this week that flaws iOS 5 have cause battery life issues for some users. The company said that "a small number of customers" were experiencing the issue, which would be patched through the forthcoming software update.
The first beta of iOS 5.0.1 was labeled build "9A402." It included a number of improvements listed by Apple:
- Fixes bugs affecting battery life
- Resolves bugs with Documents in the Cloud
- Improves voice recognition for Australian users during dictation
- Contains security improvements
- iOS 5.0.1 beta introduces a new way for developers to specify files that should remain on device, even in low storage situations."