AppleInsider is supported by its audience and may earn commission as an Amazon Associate and affiliate partner on qualifying purchases. These affiliate partnerships do not influence our editorial content.
Pella Windows and Doors is at CES this week, showing off its new Insynctive family of smart home products, bringing iOS connectivity to sensors for doors, shades, blinds, garages and more.
AppleInsider paid a visit to the Pella booth on Thursday, where the company was showing off a range of products that allow devices to be retrofitted to connect to the "Internet of Things."
The new Pella Insynctive technology products will debut on Jan. 19. Pricing will run $50 for two sensors, and $80 for the connected bridge that controls and connects everything.
Pella Insynctive smart home products include window and door sensors, garage door sensors, entry door deadbolt sensor, status indicator, bridge and motorized blinds and shades.
"We don't make windows and doors for homes, we make windows and doors for people. People who are asking for solutions to better control their homes and work spaces," said Larry Ehlinger, general manager— Insynctive business unit, Pella Windows and Doors. "We believe Insynctive smart home technology delivers a solution that allows homeowners to control the level of security, comfort and convenience they want in their home from their windows and doors."
Pella's strategy allows homeowners to choose the products they need to get the level of home management they want. That means that users can either have a single sensor on the front door, or outfit their entire home with Insynctive sensors, blinds and shades if they so choose.
Insynctive products can be controlled through the Wink smart home control app available for free on the iOS App Store. Wink is compatible with other leading brands such as GE, Honeywell, Dropcam, Kwikset, Schlage, and Quirky.
The Insynctive family of smart products includes:
Window, door and garage door sensors
- Insynctive Window, Door and Garage Door Sensors wirelessly relay information via the Bridge to the Insynctive Status Indicator so, while at home, users know at a glance whether windows and doors are opened or closed.
- Insynctive Window and Door Sensors mount easily to most any brand of window or door— no tools required. The Insynctive Garage Door Sensor mounts to most types of tilting or lifting garage doors.
>Entry door deadbolt sensor
- Insynctive Entry Door Deadbolt Sensor can be installed with a new Pella entry door and will indicate if the door is closed and locked.
>Pella blinds and shades with remote control and Insynctive technology
- Pella's Designer Series snap-in between-the-glass blinds and shades and Pella roomside blinds and shades are available with motorized Insynctive technology. While at home, homeowners can control all the blinds and shades in a room using the remote control.
- Additionally, Pella blinds and shades with Insynctive technology can be programmed to a compatible home automation system via the Insynctive bridge and operated from a smart device.
- Homeowners can choose between cellular shades, roller shades, wood blinds and between-the-glass blinds or shades with Insynctive technology. Available Summer 2015.
- Pella Insynctive technology can help increase a home's comfort. Between-the-glass blinds or shades that feature this technology can block over 50 percent more of the sun's energy than windows without blinds or shades.