AppleInsider Podcast interviews Adam Justice of ConnectSense, discusses Right to Repair, HomeKit, and Workflow App
This week on the AppleInsider podcast, Victor interviews Adam Justice about HomeKit and HomePod, and Victor and Mike talk about the latest in iOS betas, the Right to Repair legislation, and updates to Apple's WorkFlow app.
- Apple releases iOS and Apple Watch betas, removes and then restores i- prefix to iBooks, and Mike has a comment about using Apple Watch with HomePod
- Apple's Workflow app was updated, and despite it seeming like a minor update based on version number, there are some cool features. Mike is more Mac-based, so Victor talks about how he and Neil use it.
- Things, the to-do app, got an update, and we talk about it as well, especially since it works well with Workflow. This leads to a discussion about task management apps in general.
- Supply chain rumors! Rumors say that the notch is going to go away on all the new phones. Victor and Mike both suspect this is a little soon, that Apple probably wants to spread the sensors across more devices before they remove the notch.
- California is the latest to introduce Right to Repair legislation. Victor and Mike talk about the background on this and what the impacts would be on Apple product design.
- Victor interviews Adam Justice of ConnectSense, and we talk HomeKit, its history, products, and HomePod. Adam was really interesting to speak with.
The show is available on iTunes and your favorite podcast apps by searching for "AppleInsider." Click here to listen, subscribe, and don't forget to rate our show.
Listen to the embedded SoundCloud feed below:
Show note links:
- Apple rolls out fourth developer beta of watchOS 4.3
- Apple issues fourth developer beta releases for iOS 11.3, macOS High Sierra 10.13.4, tvOS 11.3
- Fourth iOS 11.3 beta reverts 'Books' app name back to iBooks
- Hands On: Self publish the next great novel with Vellum 2.1.2 from your Mac
- Apple's Workflow app updated with new image mask action, bug fixes
- Hands on: Things 3.4 for Mac and iPhone connects apps to generate To Do tasks faster
- Supply chain makes claim that Apple is already planning to ditch the iPhone X notch in fall 2019 releases
- California to introduce 'right to repair' bill, joins 17 other states in consumer initiative
- ConnectSense.com - check it out, they have the only dual outlet HomeKit wall outlet switch.
Those interested in sponsoring the show can reach out to us at [email protected].