AppleInsider podcast talks 2019 Mac Pro, ARM on Mac, Apple's poaching of Google's John Giannandrea, and more
This week on the AppleInsider podcast, Mike with guest Charles Martin discuss the 2019 Mac Pro, Apple's possible shift to ARM in the Mac in 2020, Apple's poaching of a key AI executive from Google, and more!
- The 2019 Mac Pro announcement, and what "modular" might mean.
- Will or won't Apple shift to ARM, and how long will it take?
- Duet Display, Air Display, and DisplayLink were broken after 10.13.4, but fixes may be coming soon for all.
- Quietly, Apple's hiring of John Giannandrea may be some of the biggest news this year.
- Spotify may be playing fast and loose with playback numbers.
- Premiere Pro CC, After Effects CC get updates before NAB...
- and Final Cut Pro X gets one after it.
- And more!
The show is available on iTunes and your favorite podcast apps by searching for "AppleInsider." Click here to listen, subscribe, and don't forget to rate our show.
Listen to the embedded SoundCloud feed below:
Show note links:
- Apple modular Mac Pro launch coming in 2019, new engineering group formed to guarantee future of hardware
- Stop panicking about Apple's rumored switch from Intel to its own chips in the Mac
- Apple nabs Google's chief of AI and search John Giannandrea to broaden Siri, self-driving car programs
- iOS 11.3 causing problems with device management, fix for Jamf Pro coming
- macOS 10.13.4 update breaks Duet Display, Air Display & USB DisplayLink drivers
- Surprise! Spotify now says its Weeknd debut beat out Apple Music
- Facebook says Cambridge Analytica may have collected data on up to 87M people
- AirPort Express popping up in some Home apps, raising possibility of AirPlay 2 compatibility
- MicroLED vs. TFT and OLED: Why Apple is interested in new display tech for future iPhone or Apple Watch
- Adobe updates Premiere Pro CC, After Effects CC, more ahead of NAB
- Final Cut Pro X update brings ProRes RAW format, improved closed captioning
Those interested in sponsoring the show can reach out to us at [email protected].