AppleInsider is supported by its audience and may earn commission as an Amazon Associate and affiliate partner on qualifying purchases. These affiliate partnerships do not influence our editorial content.
This week on the AppleInsider Podcast, Victor and Andrew discuss the new MacBook Pro, allegations of industrial espionage as an engineer is said to have stolen secrets from Apple and tried to board a flight to China, and iOS USB Restricted Mode and what it means for you.
- New MacBook Pro! This was unexpected, but is very welcome. The biggest complaints when the TouchBar laptop was introduced were "Why not 32GB of RAM? Why not DDR4?" These questions are now answered, and with a 6 core processor and new GPUs, too. It comes at a price. Is the price too high? There's also an eGPU kit that's going to be sold in Apple Retail and online, by Blackmagic. This is a sleek kit, containing a Radeon Pro 580, and is smaller than other eGPU boxes we've seen.
- The Macbook Pro isn't the most expensive Apple laptop ever, although it's not that far away, either. We go down a quick trip through Apple history.
- USB restricted mode in iOS - what it is, how to use it, and why you might want it.
- The strange case of the former Apple engineer alleged to have stolen software, databases, printed circuit cards, and a linux server.
The show is available on iTunes and your favorite podcast apps by searching for "AppleInsider." Click here to listen, subscribe, and don't forget to rate our show.
Listen to the embedded SoundCloud feed below:
Show note links:
- Apple refreshes MacBook Pro with six-core processors, 32GB of RAM
- Apple & Blackmagic launch new eGPU to match updated MacBook Pros
- Maxed out 2018 15-inch MacBook Pro at $6699 isn't Apple's most expensive laptop ever
- How to use Apple's latest 'USB Restricted Mode' security feature included in iOS 11.4.1
- Former Apple employee charged with stealing autonomous car trade secrets
Those interested in sponsoring the show can reach out to us at [email protected].