Mac mini, iPad Pro, MacBook Air, 100 Million Mac users, and more on the AppleInsider Podcast
This week on the AppleInsider Podcast, Victor and William talk about the Mac mini, the notion that 100 Million Mac users can't be wrong, and the iPad Pro.
- The MacBook Air remains one of Victor's favorite devices, and is glad the machine is back, but it does seem like a weird fit in the product lineup between 12" MacBook and 13" MacBook Pro.
- The Mac mini just staggers. Victor does an inflation calculation, and the machine feels like good value. $499 in 2005 dollars is about $650 today. The Mac mini at $799 delivers a lot of machine vs a 2005 model, although it's a little light in the storage department as an end-user machine.
- Analysts responded positively to the announcement of new Macs and the iPad Pro - we recorded this before the earnings call, so at the time, we didn't know it would be so short-lived.
We like reader email — send us your comments and concerns!.
The show is available on iTunes and your favorite podcast apps by searching for "AppleInsider." Click here to listen, subscribe, and don't forget to rate our show.
Listen to the embedded SoundCloud feed below:
Show note links:
- There are now 100 million active Macs thanks to high number of new adopters
- J.P. Morgan, Rosenblatt upbeat on Apple following launch of new Macs and iPad Pros
- Apple's powerful new Mac mini perfectly suits the 'Pro' market, yet the complaints have already started
- Should you upgrade to Apple's redesigned 2018 iPad Pro?
- Frequently asked questions about the 2018 MacBook Air
Those interested in sponsoring the show can reach out to us at [email protected].
AppleInsider has affiliate partnerships and may earn commission on products purchased through affiliate links. These partnerships do not influence our editorial content.