2019 iPhone, MacBook Pro, Mac Pro rumors, and more on the AppleInsider Podcast
This week on the AppleInsider Podcast, Victor and William talk about the rumored 2019 iPhones, MacBook Pro, and modular Mac Pro. Victor also has a comment on Google's hidden microphone in the Nest Secure system.
- 2019 iPhone - Ming Chi Kuo issued a note that talked about improved cameras, front and back, plus potential changes to the back of the iPhone enclosure
- 2019 MacBook Pros may have a 16 to 16.5 inch screen. This is an unusual screen size, though, which gives us room to speculate how Apple will make them.
- There's also a modular Mac Pro rumor that claims the Mac Pro will be stackable, with add-on GPU units.
- Security is in the news again, as an update to the Nest Secure home security system enabled Google Assistant — and thereby revealed that the device has had an undisclosed microphone all along.
- Apple may reveal more about Marzipan at WWDC, perhaps opening it up to developers. We think this has a huge impact on apps for the Mac, but doubt that it will cause a migration of Mac apps to iOS.
- Goldman Sachs is working with Apple on creating an Apple Pay credit card with unique features in Wallet. We speculate on what these kinds of features could be.
- We also talk about our brave new world, where it's possible to brick your Nike self-lacing shoes with a firmware update from your phone
We like reader email — send us your comments and concerns!.
The show is available on iTunes and your favorite podcast apps by searching for "AppleInsider." Click here to listen, subscribe, and don't forget to rate our show.
Listen to the embedded SoundCloud feed below:
Show note links:
- Apple's 2019 iPhones to wirelessly charge other devices, sport bigger batteries and frosted glass
- Apple plans new 16- to 16.5-inch MacBook Pro in 2019 aimed at pro designers
- Apple to launch iPad Pro, iPad mini, 10.2-inch iPad, ceramic Apple Watch in 2019
- Apple's 'modular' Mac Pro design may mean units that connect like Lego bricks
- Apple considering WWDC Mac Pro reveal, expansion of 'Project Marzipan'
- Apple's holiday quarter hit market share hard, but still second-largest smartphone producer
- Goldman Sachs & Apple credit card with added iPhone features about to enter testing
- The Galaxy Fold is Samsung's $1980 7.3-inch folding smartphone
- Use an iPhone to update the Nike Adapt BB sneakers, or you'll brick them
- The Nest Secure has a hidden microphone, and Google didn't tell owners for 18 months
- Qualcomm says Apple's software workarounds undermine case against US iPhone ban [u]
Those interested in sponsoring the show can reach out to us at [email protected].