This week on the AppleInsider Podcast, William is excited for WWDC and Victor is more fired up about UK spy agency GCHQ's proposal to break the security of iMessage. Plus Victor interviews Russ Shanahan, a developer who had his app sales drop 44% due to what he thinks is a problem with how searching works in the App Store.
- There's a new iPod touch in town. We weren't expecting it, but it's very welcome.
- WWDC is around the corner. Victor yearns to hear more about the Mac Pro, while William thinks Apple doesn't have to mention it — and that Apple never does anything it doesn't have to. But we will get more word of Marzipan, which will keep Victor happy.
- T-Mobile and Sprint's merger was going so well, but the US Dept. of Justice has now thrown an unusual request into their plan, requiring them to spinoff their own competitor.
- Russ Shanahan developed Happy Scale, an app to help predict weight loss, and all was going very well until a possible change in the way the App Store parses search terms apparently caused him to see his sales drop off by 44%.
- Lutron has released its awaited Smart Ceiling Fan Controller and Victor is disappointed that the company went quite the route it did instead of creating an option that would help most users.
- Victor reviews the Synology DS1019+, and convinces William he needs one, yet stops short of loaning him the cash.
We like reader email — send us your comments and concerns!.
The show is available on iTunes and your favorite podcast apps by searching for "AppleInsider." Click here to listen, subscribe, and don't forget to rate our show.
Listen to the embedded SoundCloud feed below:
Show note links:
- What you can really expect at the 2019 WWDC for iOS and watchOS
- And what you should expect to see for the Mac, too
- 2019 iPod touch: First look, initial impressions, & benchmarks
- Apple condemns British spy agency group's proposal to evade message encryption
- US Justice Department allegedly wants new spinoff carrier as condition of Sprint & T-Mobile merger
- Review: The Caseta Fan Speed Control is the best way to integrate your fan with HomeKit — for now
- Review: Synology D1019+ Network Attached Storage device
Those interested in sponsoring the show can reach out to us at [email protected].