Mac Pro, ARKit, Sign on with Apple and more on the AppleInsider Podcast
This week on the AppleInsider Podcast, William is back, rejecting Victor's reality and replacing it with his own more British one, via ARKit 3. He also talks about how there is nothing wrong with the Mac Pro yet some people think there is, and there is room for another new Mac.
- WWDC brought us ARKit 3, with shared mixed reality in the Minecraft demo. Now there's a patent application for displaying stereoscopic pre-rendered 3D objects...
- which would be useful for AR glasses. Apple's been paving a road to AR glasses for years, and we discuss some of the history here.
- William loves the Mac Pro, though he'd like one in blue. He points out that Apple's lineup isn't as clear as it seems, though. There's a clear gap in the range and also it's hard to identify the right number of cores and amount of RAM you really need.
- Facebook has revealed how many people were impacted by their "research" VPN app back in January. Not to worry, they say, they've deleted all the data gathered, so that's all good then.
- Google's authentication chief says he prefers 'Sign in with Apple' over user and password combinations - and Victor explains why he's right.
- Apple has updated iCloud for Windows, and it now allows sync and offline availability of files similar to its behavior on Mac, or the behavior in Office365.
We like reader email — send us your comments and concerns!.
The show is available on iTunes and your favorite podcast apps by searching for "AppleInsider." Click here to listen, subscribe, and don't forget to rate our show.
Listen to the embedded SoundCloud feed below:
Show note links:
- Apple advancing stereoscopic vision tech for future AR glasses
- Apple has been working on AR glasses for years, and iOS 13 is only the latest sign
- Editorial: New Mac Pro highlights the gap Apple isn't filling
- Facebook's defunct Research app gleaned private data from 187,000 users
- 'Sign in with Apple' better than using passwords, says Google authentication chief
- Apple reportedly in negotiations to buy key piece of Intel's smartphone modem business
- iCloud for Windows app with OneDrive Files On-Demand now in Microsoft Store
Those interested in sponsoring the show can reach out to us at [email protected].