This week on the AppleInsider Podcast, William and Victor talk about Jony Ive leaving Apple, the possible removal of the Lightning port from iPhone, and Apple taking on a new hire to work on ARM processors... maybe for Macs?
- Jony Ive leaves Apple, shocking everyone
- There are unreleased AMD Radeon GPUs found in second macOS Catalina beta. Victor knows this means new machines or new updates are coming, but William wonders if it's just someone bored at Apple having a laugh messing with our heads
- UK EE is offering an Apple TV 4K bundle for sports fans, but is it a good deal?
- How to watch broadcast TV on Apple TV and how it varies from country to country
- A patent that removes the Lightning port and doesn't replace it with USB
- Apple's latest hire is a CPU architect with Intel, AMD and ARM experience
We like reader email — send us your comments and concerns!.
The show is available on iTunes and your favorite podcast apps by searching for "AppleInsider." Click here to listen, subscribe, and don't forget to rate our show.
Listen to the embedded SoundCloud feed below:
Show note links:
- Apple design chief Jony Ive to depart later this year, create new studio with Apple as client
- Eight unreleased AMD Radeon GPUs found in second macOS Catalina beta
- UK carrier EE offering sport and Apple TV 4K bundle
- How to get television to your Apple TV without using a streaming service
- iPhone's Lightning port removal could improve water resistance
- Apple hires lead ARM CPU architect Mike Filippo
Those interested in sponsoring the show can reach out to us at [email protected].