iOS 13 is out and exactly how good these iPhone cameras are, on the AppleInsider Podcast
AppleInsider may earn an affiliate commission on purchases made through links on our site.
This week on the AppleInsider Podcast, Victor and special guest Charlie Chapman talk about the release of iOS 13, 13.1 betas, and the whole strange saga of this beta season. (Don't install iOS 13.0 unless you have a Series 5 Apple Watch.) We also talk about whether Disney and Apple could really have merged under Steve Jobs.
AppleInsider editor Victor Marks and iOS developer Charlie Chapman discuss:
- iOS 13 is out, and there's a new 13.1 beta. But iPadOS isn't coming for days, and nor is tvOS. What's going on at Apple?
- Is it a good idea to wait until iOS 13.1 is released in a few days? Spoiler: yes.
- Apple's recycling efforts appear to be working, rare earth minerals are being recycled for use in the Taptic Engine
- Disney's Bob Iger has a book out, and he comments that he regularly imagines 'what would Steve say' conversations, and muses about what could have happened if Apple and Disney had merged
- Is there more RAM in the iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max that's solely dedicated to the camera?
- Don't just stick to Apple's Camera app — there are superb third-party alternatives such as Halide, Spectre, and Hyperlapse
- Austin Mann's iPhone Pro camera review is out, and the photography is spectacular
- Filmic Pro's CTO mentions that the A13 bionic is unlike any other embedded processor, and that thermal management is what lets them use all four cameras at the same time
- Apple VP of communications, Steve Dowling, resigns. Who will fill that role next?
We like reader email — send us your comments and concerns!.
The show is available on iTunes and your favorite podcast apps by searching for "AppleInsider." Click here to listen, subscribe, and don't forget to rate our show.
Listen to the embedded SoundCloud feed below:
We'd like to thank our sponsors:
- Mint Mobile - To get your new wireless plan for just 15 bucks a month, and get the plan shipped to your door for FREE, go to mintmobile.com/appleinsider
- MasterClass - Get unlimited access to EVERY MasterClass, and as an AppleInsider Podcast listener, you get 15% off the Annual All-Access Pass. Go to masterclass.com/appleinsider
- TailorStore - Check out tailorstore.com/appleinsider for $20 off a selected range of their Premium dress shirts OR $30 off selected Luxury dress shirts PLUS free shipping on your first order, using the promo code appleinsider.
- Dark Noise a sound generator app, by guest host Charlie
- Halide an app for total control over the iPhone camera
- Spectre - an app for AI powered long exposure photography
- Hyperlapse for iOS
- Filmic Pro for iOS
- Fourth iOS 13.1, iPadOS 13 developer betas released alongside 11th tvOS 13 build
- Apple's iOS 13 is now available for your iPhone or iPod touch
- Apple using recycled rare earth elements in iPhone 11 Taptic Engine
- Bob Iger: Disney and Apple likely to have merged if Steve Jobs was alive
- iPhone 11 Pro may have extra 2GB of RAM devoted to the camera
- Travel photographer Austin Mann praises iPhone 11 Pro camera performance
- Filmic Pro's CTO comments on the A13 Bionic in iPhone 11
- Apple Vice President of Communications Steve Dowling leaving in October
Follow our hosts on Twitter: @chuckyc17 and @vmarks.
Feedback and comments are always appreciated. Please contact the AppleInsider podcast at [email protected] and follow us on Twitter @appleinsider, plus Facebook and Instagram.
Those interested in sponsoring the show can reach out to us at [email protected].