AppleInsider is supported by its audience and may earn commission as an Amazon Associate and affiliate partner on qualifying purchases. These affiliate partnerships do not influence our editorial content.
Apple has just released watchOS 7.3 to the public with a new Unity watch face and expanded ECG support.
The watchOS update includes the usual slate of bug fixes and user experience improvements in addition to a new watch face. Apple announced the Unity watch face and watch band inspired by the Pan-African flag. The band goes on sale February 1 to mark the start of Black History Month.
Apple released "Time to Walk" on Monday and watchOS 7.3 brings added support and fixes for the new feature. Users will be able to start a workout and listen to a famous person describe their accomplishments as they walk.
The release notes for watchOS 7.3 read as follows:
watchOS 7.3 includes new features, improvements, and bug fixes, including:
- Unity watch face— inspired by the colors of the Pan-African Flag, the shapes change throughout the day as you move creating a face that's unique to you
- Time to Walk for Apple Fitness+ subscribers— an audio experience in the Workout app where guests share inspiring stories as you walk
- ECG app on Apple Watch Series 4 or later in Japan, Mayotte, Philippines, and Thailand
- Irregular heart rhythm notifications in Japan, Mayotte, Philippines, Taiwan, and Thailand
- Fix for an issue where Control Center and Notification Center may be unresponsive when Zoom is enabled
Users can update watchOS to the latest build by opening the Apple Watch app on their iPhone, tapping My Watch, then General, then Software Update, then Install. Once downloaded, the Apple Watch should be placed on a charger to allow the update to install.
Alternately, the update can be performed directly on the Apple Watch by entering the Settings app, tapping General, then Software Update, then Install. Users with automatic updates will receive the update once it has downloaded and installed during the next available charging period.