A series of videos have appeared with the #FaceTimeWithCraig where YouTubers get five minutes with Craig Federighi himself.
Craig Federighi is the SVP of Software Engineering and was the primary presenter during WWDC 2021. Among the many features shown at the conference, FaceTime received some of the biggest changes.
The series of videos have been shared via the hashtag FaceTime With Craig on YouTube, and there are several videos available. As of this writing on Thursday afternoon, there are nine videos across nine accounts.
- UrAvgConsumer asks why FaceTime came to Android
- Yuka Ohishi asks what the secret is to self care and productivity
- Krystal Lora asks if the new features were inspired by the pandemic
- Andru Edwards asks about SharePlay and its future
- TechMeOut asks what is his favorite feature of iOS 15
- Flypig discuses SharePlay and Ted Lasso
- TheiCollection asks about Universal Control
- Justin Tse asks about Craig's desk setup
- Victor Abarca asks about Siri's new updates
These short interviews offer a little picture of Craig Federighi's thinking surrounding the latest features and his perspective as a user. Everything surrounding FaceTime, SharePlay, and the other social features were developed out of a need felt by Apple's employees themselves, according to Federighi.
The videos are all presented with similar formatting showing a simulated FaceTime window. Each YouTuber was able to introduce the video and edit the video with their own camera angles throughout.
Follow all the details of WWDC 2021 with the comprehensive AppleInsider coverage of the whole week-long event from June 7 through June 11, including details of all the new launches and updates.
Stay on top of all Apple news right from your HomePod. Say, "Hey, Siri, play AppleInsider," and you'll get the latest AppleInsider Podcast. Or ask your HomePod mini for "AppleInsider Daily" instead and you'll hear a fast update direct from our news team. And, if you're interested in Apple-centric home automation, say "Hey, Siri, play HomeKit Insider," and you'll be listening to our newest specialized podcast in moments.